Capri Gathering Forum
July 24, 2017, 10:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hope You have a happy holiday season! Keep your Capri warm!

ATTENTION: Due to spam, your registration may have been thrown out. Please contact the admin and we'll set you up with an account.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 2949 times)
unviolentj

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:44:47 AM »

Grin Hello everyone. I'm new to the whole Capri thing. Like all of you I am a proud Capri owner. Fortunately I have 2. I've a base model,fun. and of course a Extremely fun XR2. I've only recently purchased the XR2, and the base my dad just gave me a few months ago but it hasn't run in over 3 years. What a pain. I'm new to four cylinder vehicles and electronic cars. I've always had older carburated vehicles such as 67 mustang and a 66 fairlane 500 wagon, also a rare car. Both my Capri's are red right now. The XR2 is loaded with all the goodies where the base flat out isn't. No fog lights, steel wheels, no hard top, spoiler, power locks. Nothing. Base has around 167,000 miles while the XR2 is still around 127,000, and purrs. I plan on modifying the XR2 dramaticly over a period of time.The poor thing was in a bad hail stormand needs a lot of body work, and i plan on doing some tuning to the cute little turbo powered 1.6. Since I'm going to be doing body work i thought i'd go ahead and try some aftermarket body kits as well as maybe learning how to make some fiberglass parts for it. All though i say modifying dramaticly, I guess compared to rocketmans awd mod it wont be much....slick man, slick. I would like to get my base model up and running so i can concentrate all efforts on the XR2 from beginning to end, and then maybe restoring the base, but for the most part i really wont mess with the base much. Thanks for having me on your great Capri site, and one day I'm hoping to catch up to you guys at a meet someday even if I haven't done anything by then, i'd still enjoy meeting other Capri fans and gazing at their rides. I dont have any pics yet...hail damage is not pretty  Shocked , but will post as I do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: